Neon Read On
CURRICULUM KIT & ONLINE COURSE
These kits are made-to-order and will take several weeks to ship. In the meantime, you'll receive immediate access to Hope King's 4 hour full Neon Read On Online Course!
Already have the kit?
Choose the "Course Only" option to enroll in just the course! You will not receive any physical products with this option.
Please allow up to 15 minutes to receive the email with the course link and access information.
About Neon Read On:
It's time to light up your nonfiction reading instruction! Close Reading? So what’s all the buzz about? Hope will break it down step-by-step as she teaches you reading strategies that will help your students develop a process for reading nonfiction texts and that will empower your readers to attack complex texts with ease. Your Neon Read On Class Kit will include everything you need to fully implement close reading strategies all year long and will equip your students with individual resources to annotate and analyze nonfiction reading passages. Are you ready to Get Your Neon Read On?
Your Neon Read On Kit includes:
- Neon Read On Box to house all student kits.
- (30) individual student kits that include pattern pairs glasses, highlighter, magnifying glass, individual blacklight flashlight, and legos (batteries not included).
- Digital curriculum that is fully aligned to Common Core Standards Includes 12 complete lesson plans to outline the entire process of reading nonfiction texts, all of your digital resources for instruction, 10 student practice passages, a list of online resources, answer keys, and digital posters to display content in your classroom.
- Full Neon Read On Online Course (4 Hours) Full online course led by Hope King that will walk you through each step of this close reading process! IMPORTANT: You will receive a second email with your access to the online course.
Instructional Concepts Covered:
Skill 1: A Taste of Textual Evidence - Laying a foundation for using textual evidence to support all claims and conclusions
Skill 2: Text/Book Tasting - Learning to independently establish a purpose for reading
Skill 3: TAG Your Text - Prereading Strategies
READ 1: Finding Patterns that Lead to Comprehension
Skill 4: Identifying Key Ideas
Skill 5: Identifying Text Structures
READ 2: Using Patterns to Comprehend
Skill 6: Creating Text Dependent Questions
Skill 7: Identifying Most Important Details
Skill 8: Strategies to Identify the Meaning of Unknown Words
READ 3: Organizing Thoughts & Summarizing
Skill 9: Get Your Neon Read On - Organize
Skill 10: Get Your Neon Read On - Summarize
Skill 11: Make Connections
Skill 12: Draw Conclusions
Important Notes - Please Read:
- This is a large, heavy package. As such, we offer convenient flat-rate shipping.
- In addition to your order confirmation email, you will receive a second email with a link to access the digital components. This email is extremely important as it is how you will access the digital resources.
- You will have access to the online course for one year.
School & District Purchases - Tax Exempt
If you are an administrator or staff member booking on behalf of your school or district (using school funds), please email your school's tax exempt certificate to email@example.com prior to checking out. We will create a tax exempt account for you to use so that you are not charged sales tax. We are unable to retroactively adjust past purchases or split payment across multiple credit cards.