Calling All Campers Activity
Free resource from Katie Hovell:
Are you ready to soak up the sunshine and explore the great outdoors with your students? Consider your lesson plans done and ready – because we’re going camping! Your students will practice letter recognition and formation, develop number sense, conduct experiments, and engage in meaningful play! That’s not all – I’m sharing some of my favorite creative art experiences for your students to practice various art techniques, including working with items found in the natural world around them. Suggestions for read-aloud titles are woven into these lesson plans, and you’ll find S’MORE book recommendations to encourage students to enjoy fictional stories and non-fiction texts.
While this experience was designed and written for Pre-K classrooms, each activity can easily be differentiated to meet the needs of students in kindergarten and beyond. Furthermore, opportunities for creative art and exploration of the natural world are beneficial for students of all ages. These activities and lesson plans also pair perfectly with many common curriculum themes (i.e. Spring, Insects, Trees, etc.). Let the adventure begin!
In this Freebie, you’ll find:
- Complete lesson plans, with student objectives (designed and written for Pre-K classrooms)
- Printable activities – perfect for small group instruction and/or literacy and math centers!
- Creative art opportunities to share with students
- Book recommendations to fill your classroom library with fiction and non-fiction titles
- Printables to enhance your Building Center and Dramatic Play Center
- Ideas to extend student learning!
IMPORTANT: Our online store will prompt you to enter your billing address to access the download. This is a limitation of the platform. You will not be asked to enter your credit card information and you will NOT be charged. You will receive an email after checkout with a link to download the resource.
All free downloads are licensed for personal use only, in your classroom, or at your school. Downloads may not be sold or used in any products made for sale (ie. Teachers Pay Teachers products).